Quilting Classes 2008 to Present
Crazy Hankie Pillow
- This is a 2 hour class which includes instruction on making a quilt square using vintage hankies. Methods of embellishment are explored. Kits are available.
- Introduction to the basics of crazy quilting techniques. You can stop at one block or make a quilt. The history of Crazy Quilting will be discussed.
- This class covers methods on how to make edge finishes, ideas on where to use them and when they are suitable.
Lectures and Workshops
Star Quilts Trunk Show
- This presentation can be a one-hour slide lecture or a three-hour illustrated presentation with various types of star quilts. This can also include information on the care of quilts
Caring for Grandmother's Quilt
- Dating quilts by the patterns and fabrics they contain. This also includes methods of cleaning and storing older quilts.
Researching the McCord Museums Civil War Veterans Quilt
- Description of a magnificent log cabin memorial quilt and the story of tracing its Montreal maker.
Fringes & Frills
- A look at edge finishes on quilts through the ages.
Aprons & Quilts
- A looks and fads and styles of aprons over the past 150 years.
What Comes Around Goes Around
- a look at "New" trends in quiltmaking that were also used by our grandmothers.
Feel free to contact me, Diane MacLeod Shink by email or call me to arrange workshops. These are very flexible and can be made to suit most tastes.
+1 (514) 605-7845